Year day! I remember seeing a possible interpretation of how a day in a year would look like (as opposed to a year constructed from the green/red/? calendar bones of land before, all to say, days) and although I really did not understand it, I felt moved by all this glamorous gloomylous manifigtantastic talk of the hill&&valley of like... time!
Some years ago: Playing RuneScape. Classic elephas.
Some years ago: Playing RuneScape. Classic elephas.
Today: Woke up in the morning (shocker), looked at my email to find no inquiries. I believe the sky was a pearly (cloudy cloudy cloudy) white outside although looking from out my largely closed window is a hard ask.
Oh, I can attach pictures on these. That's weird. I remember when writing in the past I could only do [wi:] and they didn't let you do those on the "apartado real para escritura" of the website! I almost translated that as apartment instead. Forgive and be forgiven.
![]() |
| Janis Lago - Mao / ERS (2026) |
This album was good. I heard it when it came out. Janis has a nice voice and she can work those instruments of hers! Majestic bunny.
Oh, what I was saying before! Yes, the sky maybe looked incredibly white but in my dreary sleep-phase (ala headcamp/freebase/$$$) I was imagining it as yellow/golden and wondering what all I had lost. I had a dream about the past, indefinite beauty in a 640x480 (pre-responsive design!) website with a gradient... perhaps I was thinking of Shakespeare Online? Looking at the site nowadays it either got brighter or my monitor was worse back then (which is kind of surprising given that this current monitor is already pretty yellow-washed as it stands)
Some years ago: Playing RuneScape. Classic elephas.
Some years ago: Playing RuneScape. Classic elephas.
Yesterday: In a weird fit of trying to get over it (not that one), I picked up Super Mario 64 again. It's a beautiful game, you know. Sometimes I wonder how something that 'broken' was released, and that's not to beat down on the game or anything, but if you hit all the invisible walls I've hit, if you clipped with a bobomb through the top of the pyramid in Shifting Sand Land (like I can't do) (okay apologies for the second parentheses, I was trying to find the video I'm alluding to here but I couldn't find it, so instead I'll link this equally mesmerizing bob-omb related glitch, then you'd understand what I was talking about. I wonder if Lil B likes Super Mario 64.
Usually, when I play, I'm not one to bother with "fixing the game" or "making it look good" (because to do that is to deny the game of its inherent and natural artifacting, and also because doing all that makes framewalking on JRB harder) but on my solemn laptop I already had Coop DX (the full thing is too many syllables, they should work on that) loaded so I just started playing on that instead.
Playing this game on a keyboard sucks. I had forgotten about this! I still got through a good chunk of the game before my laptop's battery died though. I remember that when I got to charge my laptop that day I opened it up and poor little Mario was floating at the top of the ship's innards in JRB. 24-27? stars and all!
Playing this game on my controller sucks. I've played so much Super Mario 64 that my poor PlayStation 3 controller (no shame in this "house"-"hold")'s X button (that's the one you use to jump for all you richer than rich Nintendo fans) turned to MUSH! Mucky muck muck.
11:11:11. I should make a wish one of these days. I hope my normal voice is returned to me. I hope I gain some new traits. Most of the time I've been alive I've wished to look in a mirror and have some deformities that I can confidently stare at, and have people go and yell "Look! Look! Deformities!" as though I were in dire need of exorcism.
Oh, it's 11:12 now. Too late to make any wishes.
![]() |
| Coin locker kid - Empathica (2015) |
I was planning to write something alluding to Empathica now, but I just noticed the image is saved as a bitmap file and that fascinated me so much that I couldn't do anything else but try to look into it! I opened a random website of the many millions today that host articles with answers to whatever disparate question you may have that you wouldn't ask Reddit instead (you know, I think they used to call those "listicle" sites, although this isn't a list, but I'm sure the site has lists), and it said that advantages of bitmap images include "visual appeal" for "rich gradients", and that disadvantages include "limited color depth" "prohibiting rich gradients", so frankly I don't know who or what to believe anymore.
Who do you think drew this cover? I saw some art by Devyn recently that was very beautiful, he doesn't post much art anymore (and his Twitter was deleted God-knows-when) but whenever he does it feels like Christmas has come to hang me from up above in an attempt of inertic suspension of the newbelieved newfound newcherished...
Does a wet glass surface feel like skin to you?
It doesn't feel like anything. But everything feels like glass. Everything is like I'm looking through glass and a window made of flesh pressing itself against a monitor with images moving around on it in black and white like surveillance footage and there's this super-imposed text that flashes red and says,
Live your life. Now.
...and on that topic, I wonder what land I'd inhabit nowadays were my "pioneers" better people. Do you think we'd be inhabiting anything at all had the world not been pushed forwards by slavery? I believe a different form of Mark Fisher would call this "Colonialist Realism". Or perhaps imperialist. Or neo-colonialist. I can hardly keep up with any words that aren't my own.


No comments:
Post a Comment