This is the end! Quite tragic.
I want to make an album again. I want to write a book or two. I have an idea for a book called "Livonia." I've never lived there but I think there's merit in this. I have an idea for a game about ghosts and stars and the like, but I don't want to talk about that. This blog will be wound down. Put down the ways like a hurt little dog, cramped, crowned a new experiment important for this short life. It's okay. It was good. It's been done.
What originally brought me to writing the now-forever-inaccessible review for "Diskclosure" was reading an old autobiography for Coin locker kid, where it described a religious nativity scene, "suckled at Her bosom" and what-not. I found myself thinking of how to take this further, which led me to write about a metaphorical newspaper called "H./H. Pleiades" and whatever more, using RateYourMusic and its special formatting as a vehicle for this. I concluded the review by linking to a YouTube video called "Everyone deserves better."
By the time I had the review finished, the video was nowhere there, so I just sent it to link to YouTube's homepage instead. Nowadays I have found myself in no need or want to finish this video, so I have left it attached here. The video is not up to the standard I was trying to reach: The vocals are terribly mixed, I didn't add subtitles, and the song is nothing special, but I was encouraged to post it regardless because who else has done this? Ultimately what compelled me to keep working as elephas was this, who's been here before? RYM has had its giant and beautiful share of romanticist writers, dead and alive, gone and active, but who's sat with the site to push its boundaries like this?
I don't know, and nobody can know now, for I have been banned off it.
My favorite blog posts on this wretched site, which will most likely be shut down by Google before anybody can care about the existence of these:
His Name Is Alive - 1985-1989 Stuff, Early Works - The last "elephas", word art. Originally about the Boston Massacre but God knows I don't know enough to do that justice.
the Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2 - For years I thought I didn't have much to say about this album but every thought I ever had (within the timespan of one day) all coalesced to give me this. I am still scared. Akin to my old reviews for The Ghost~Pop Tape, this is a compilation of recent time tragedy with new and old people.
07_22_26 - Confessionary
Me oh myriorama - Iris - Word art, the first and last to use this new field to its fullest extent. I am still happy here, I wish I could write like this for days and days. If you liked this I'd implore you to read "Bottom's Dream" by Arno Schmidt instead.
07_02_26 - God knows what I was talking about here.
Where I am on the internet:
Not anywhere, really. I've been making music under "Wherever the winterwind goes" on SoundCloud, because isn't it fun to pretend for a while? My old Twitter is asking me to "scan a QR code" from my phone to keep using it, and I don't feel like doing that, so I guess it'll never go anywhere. My RYM is long dead. I have a YouTube account where I mostly reupload music.
This is the end! Quite tragic. Maybe I'll be married in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment