Friday, July 24, 2026

07_24_26

How does anyone know that what they make is special? What do they see in it?

Usually this is difficult to answer, and even if you are that person, even if you see that special thing, you can't put it into words because it's an otherworldly visceral feeling of certainty that what you make has a place in the material/immaterial domain. Right now, I don't know that what I make is special enough to put it out there. That's why I'm putting it out there regardless. For years I have sheltered everything I ever made so it wouldn't see the light of the world, and I'm sure my songs and voice appreciate that deeply, but subconsciously we all know that this has hurt us in the long haul. Right now I am trying to change that. Don't expect anything interesting.

$$

I would not like to make another album for now. Maybe if there's some stability in my life down the road this could be explored, but as it stands the few ideas I have for albums are unreachable and I do not find myself in the position to start building a ladder towards them. This also goes for "the game" which I will acknowledge here just so in the future I don't think I was making it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment