Monday, July 27, 2026

07_27_26

It's weird to think that when I was younger there was an infinity of games I missed out on because I only had a computer. I love Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, this is true and a constant to my existence, but a part of me wonders what would've happened if I ever were able to play the Skate games. Maybe their bleak color grading would've pulled me in? Maybe the complexity would've drawn me away? Who's to say! I still can't answer this because I've never played them.

$$

Nostalgia is a murder weapon.

$$

I used to like naming my songs "Like / This" or "Like (This)" (that one still works though) but in recent time I have begun attempting to name an entire song, even with multiple parts, as one thing. This also pertains to my approach to multipart songs nowadays, in the past they were wildly different and not particularly connected so this difference made sense, but nowadays I am much more capable of weaving them together or having a continuous element throughout everything that justifies a single collective name. I have also forever been fascinated by Travis Scott's Rodeo, where multipart songs aren't obvious from grasping at their name, you have to hear them to understand (and even then it might just fly over you...) that they're multiple parts. Why he seemingly abandoned this after Rodeo is beyond me, though. I think in Astroworld there is a small return to this? If my memory doesn't fail me, Sicko Mode and Stop Trying To Be God are both multiple parts, but I haven't heard that one in forever because I don't care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment