What is the most you've ever payed for a book? I've seen things. Today I walked into a non-local bookstore (shame on me) foolishly looking for books my kind and majestically tucked at the bottom of a very large bookshelf I spotted some by Joyce.
Ulysses for $85.
I recall a few months ago I wrote of finding a CD I wanted for $50 (when everything around it was at most $15) and I walked away pretty defeated from that experience. This Ulysses thing was ironically less than 100ft away from where I found that CD.
In some other light, translation is the work of devils and should not be taken seriously. Sorry, let me try again. TRANSLATION IS THE WORK OF DEVILS AND IF YOU TRANSLATE FINNEGANS WAKE TO REMOVE ITS MYSTICITY THEN YOU HAVE FAILED IT, AND YOU HAVE FAILED ME AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU HAVE FAILED YOURSELF. That's more accurate.
No comments:
Post a Comment